Sunday, January 17, 2010

707 Days - but who's counting?!

Conspicuously missing from my 50th birthday party, Brett now resides in the U.S. after returning  from a two year mission to Budapest Hungary.  I loved being a tiny part of his mission and loved the opportunity to support him as he worked to share the restored gospel with the people of Hungary.  I did however miss him every day he was gone and am adjusting nicely to the idea of his proximity to family and friends.  We text frequently and talk when he has time.  He has returned to his studies at BYU in Neuroscience and Psychology after spending three weeks with us and being the best Christmas present Brian and I received this year.  Brett served well, loved the work, grew in a multitude of ways (I swear he is an inch taller), made so many friends among the Hungarians and his fellow missionaries, and learned Hungarian - which is more impressive than it sounds.  I know that walking away from such an amazing experience can be a difficult thing, but all good things come to an end (and none too soon for this mother).  Welcome home, son.
Waiting...



He's home!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Mother - you are such a wonderful writer and perfectly express your feelings and experiences in words! Why didn't I inherit that? Can you send those Christmas pictures to me? I have the ones of Brett's homecoming, but not from Christmas. I'm glad you're blogging; my blogging consists solely of following others' blogs! I'll get there someday.

    ReplyDelete